Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Spring Break '07

I finally get a Spring Break! This is the 9th year that I've lived in NC and the 1st time I've gotten a week-long Spring Break! Usually we just get the Friday and Monday around Easter. So, this year Mike and I went to the Outer Banks for a couple of days. We're staying at his brother's house. It was supposed to be cold with severe thunderstorms today, but fortunately, it was mostly sunny and 80 today! It was beautiful! Here are some pictures from the fun we had today.... We happened upon a little po-dunk restaurant in Nags Head today and it is our favorite by far. I had the blackened tuna sandwich with strawberries and goat cheese (pictured below). It was delicious!


Currituck Beach Lighthouse

Kia loves to play on the beach! She was so excited!

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Be thankful for your 80 degree day - - - we had SNOW yesterday!!! That was after it was nearly 80 on Tuesday. Indiana

Terhune Family said...

Blackened tuna with goat cheese and strawberries? Delicious??? Brad said you've been to Italy too many time.

Kim and Mike said...

I know, I know...it sounds strange, but it was very good! I thought that I could always eat the strawberries by themselves, but it was a great combination. The sandwich also had lettuce, tomato and mayonaise on it. The tomato did not work with the strawberries, so I pulled it off. I would definitely go back there and have that sandwich again!