Thursday, March 13, 2008

Couponing efforts

I guess I'm full of new posts today! :) I just have to share my latest couponing efforts. I've never really gotten into the whole couponing thing until recently. I just haven't had the time to put into it. Lately I've been checking a few other blogs because they post the deals at CVS and Food Lion, one of our grocery store chains. This may not be impressive to many people, but I am so amazed at times like this! This is what I bought at Food Lion on Tuesday....

Pampers Jumbo Pack diapers
Gerber stage 2 baby food 2-pack (for Kari when they come for spring break)
store brand 40-count travel pack wipes
3-pack of Gerber sippy cups
Tropicana orange juice

Guess what I paid? $9.66!! How exciting! I love going to the grocery and getting things for free with coupons or better yet.....when they pay me to take it off their hands! This is so much fun! I'm going to send Mike to CVS in the next couple of days and I can't wait to see how little we spend! Being frugal (?) is so much fun! I'll let you know how it turns out!

3 comments:

Horn herd mom said...

That is truly amazing! I need to clip coupons more--I just never seem to have enough time.

Keri said...

WOW that's awesome!! I used to clip coupons but I got out of the habit...maybe I should take it up again!

Cindy said...

I really need to get back into clipping too, thanks for the links. By the way did you know that Joshua (my nephew) had a baby? Also I'm sure you haven't heard this Nathan is also going to have a baby in Sept. I'm a great aunt twice over, boy do I feel old. I know you taught at least one of them is school didn't you?
Cindy